Extended Daycare Program
Before and After School Day Care is available for St. Thomas students. Hours are 7:00 AM – 7:30 AM before and 2:20 PM – 6:00 PM after school. Children can attend on a regular basis as arranged by contract between parent and school.
The program operates during the school year on all scheduled school days. Day Care will provide care, supervision, recreation, enrichment activities to the children enrolled. Rates are determined annually by the number of hours/days of attendance per child.
|Fees per Child (2015—2016)|
|Before School||5-Day Week||Per Day|
|7:00 — 7:30 a.m.||$32.00||$8.00|
|After School||5-Day Week||Per Day|
|2:20 — 4:00 p.m.||$48.00||$11.00|
|2:20 — 5:00 p.m.||$75.00||$16.00|
|2:20 — 6:00 p.m.||$100.00||$22.00|
|Before & After School Maximum||$120.00||$25.00|
Early Childhood Education
St. Thomas of Villanova School takes great pride in its emphasis on early childhood education. Recognizing that children begin learning from birth, our early childhood program provides an academic foundation for lifelong learning.
Because St. Thomas of Villanova School offers preschool through Eighth Grade, beginning your child’s education at St. Thomas of Villanova means:
- Lifelong Friendships
- Continuity of Education
- No Stressful Transitions
- Strong Parent-Teacher-Child Relationships
St. Thomas of Villanova School endeavors to educate all students within the limits of the school educational program. Classes are divided into the following units:
- Preschool – St. Thomas Preschool is dedicated to making learning fun for the child—emotional, physical, spiritual, social, and intellectual—in a readiness program that will prepare the child for Kindergarten. The program is developmental; providing playtime, motor development, academic programs, religious formation and social interaction and enrichment.
There are half day and full day programs. The morning curriculum for Kindergarten incorporates the basic skills of socialization, physical development and the readiness levels in math, language arts, reading and religion.
Afternoon sessions are enrichment, socialization, and developmental. Morning and afternoon classes are independent of each other.
- Grades 1—8 Primary Grades 1—3, Intermediate Grades 4—5, and Junior High Grades 6—8 are provided with a full curriculum as indicated below:
- Science Lab ( Grades 7—8 )
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- Spanish ( Grades 4—8 )
- Mathematics ( Grades 1—6 )
- Pre-Algebra ( Grades 6—7 )
- Algebra ( Grades 7—8 )
- Advanced Algebra ( Grade 8 )
- Computer Technology ( Lab and Classroom )
- After school program
- Preschool and Kindergarten
- Junior High School
- High school placement
- Student council
- Faculty and Staff
- Parent / Teacher Conferences