SAVE THE DATE • MAY 16, 2015 • 8:00 AM
Got2Run For Education 2015 is just 4 weeks away! Please see attached revised Save-The-Date Flyer which highlights the fact that you don’t have to run, YOU CAN WALK! For those that would still like to train for the event, see the attached 4-Week Couch-To-2.62 Training Program.
We are really excited to announce that 101.9 THE MIX has joined as a Champion Sponsor and will be promoting the event – Whip from the Eric & Kathy Morning Show will be the event Emcee, and the MIX Road Crew will be there as well. Another recent sponsor addition is Nestle Nesquik who will be at the event handing out free samples.
KIDS, PARENTS, AND ST. THOMAS OF VILLANOVA SCHOOL STAFF!
How would you like to do something special for yourself this May? You can by participating in
Got2Run For Education!! The goal of the event is to encourage children, their parents, and school staff to become interested in running as a healthy lifestyle choice, not just for this event, but for the rest of their lives. This is an opportunity to bring the community together to support children’s wellness activities.
• 143 Schools and 98 towns were represented in the 2014 event!
• Over $50,000 total donated back to schools to fund wellness since inaugural event in 2012!
EVENT HOST AND DETAILS
Northwest Road Runners, a local running club, was established as a 501(c)3 charitable organization to organize this run/walk to promote wellness in children. All funds raised by the event are distributed back to the schools of the participants – all you have to do is check your school’s box when registering.
Two course lengths are offered:
• 2.62 mile “Micro-Marathon” Run/Walk (1/10th of a marathon)
• 8K (4.97 mile) Run
You CAN do it with the Training Programs posted on the website! No time to train? You don’t have to run, YOU CAN WALK!!
More details are on the website
200 E. Sigwalt Street, Arlington Hts., 60005
West of Arlington Hts. Road, across from the Arlington Hts. Village Hall. The event will be run in the beautiful Scarsdale and Scarsdale Estates area.
WHAT YOU GET
– Everyone gets an awesome technical T-shirt with the event logo and date, adult and youth sizes.
– Everyone gets a backpack tag/zipper pull with the Got2Run 2.62 event logo.
– Everyone gets a 2.62 bumper sticker/magnet to show off just like marathoners do with their 26.2 stickers!!
– Everyone gets tasty and healthy food at the finish line.
– Awards for the male/female winners of the 2.62, 8K, and 2.62 Unassisted Wheelchair races. Medals for
the top 3 finishers for each age group. Youth awards will be announced at the post-race awards ceremony.
-At least $10.00 per St. Thomas participant will be donated to St. Thomas of Villanova School.
$13.45 per participant was donated back to the schools from the 2014 Event!